SMS Feature on Ledgersync!!
We know that Tokens/Security Questions is a really challenge for bookkeepers and accountants trying to service their clients! While our hands may be tied when it comes to this important security feature, our development team has created a clever work around that does not impact the true purpose of the Token/Security questions, keeping your clients data safe!
By now you are likely to have come across an account login that required you to reply with an answer to a security question or provide a unique token number. Ledgersync new SMS texting feature will allow you to send the security token directly to the account owner so they can reply immediately.
That means no more requesting the token from your client and waiting for them to reply to you within a small window of time! The idea is that via we can transfer the "tokenization" issue via SMS versus having to log into Ledgersync and enter the token/security question.
Here is how it works..
Watch this Tutorial that demonstrates how to set this up.
How to Set it Up:
- Go to the notification icon and ‘Turn ON” the SMS feature.
- Go to the client management icon and click on “Add Phone Number”
- Enter The Cell Phone Number of the client that you want the SMS message to go to.
- You will receive a verification code from the provider- enter it into Ledgersync.
How to Make it Works
- Go to the client that you want set up the SMS feature with.
- Select the Bank/Credit Card account that has a security question/token issue
- Click on the “Refresh” button
- You will see a pop up screen that has at the top a “blue button” Send SMS Message. Click on “Send SMS Message” (see screen shot)
- Ledgersync will send a “Text Message” to the assigned phone number on the client management section
- A second text message from the bank with the security token will go to the “account owner”
- Security Question- COPY AND PASTE THE SECURITY TOKEN TO THE LEDGERSYNC TEXT!
- Token- SIMPLY ANSWER THE SECURITY QUESTION WITH THE CORRECT ANSWER.
- Click Send
That’s it.. Ledgersync will pass the Token ID or Security Question Answer back to the bank.
What does it cost?
The new SMS Texting is an add on feature that cost $30.00 per month to activate, but one activation works across all your accounts. For Ledgersync to accomplish this time saving task, it requires us to setup a specialized account that can send and receive those messages and to ultimately help you save more time!